This past couple of years I have been doing a good share of the meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking while my wife was going back to school. During that time I stumbled on an iPad app called Paprika and it has been a life-saver! Since I was ONLY using the app on my iPad I wasn't using nor did I need the syncing option that they offer. Now that my wife is out of school and we are again sharing the cooking duties (ok, maybe she is doing most of it now but I do still do some) it was time for me to buy the Mac and iPhone versions of the app so we can both start taking full advantage of what this app can do. Below are just a few of the killer features of this app:
- Innovative clipboard tools let you copy and paste recipe information from any website (iPad and Mac versions)
- Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired serving size
- No-hassle meal planning: add specific recipes or custom entries into the weekly meal planner
- Powerful search tools help you easily find any recipe by source, ingredient or name
- Import from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup! and MasterCook
- Cloud sync between Mac OS X, iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches
- Easily manage your grocery list: add recipes with a single click, as well as your own items
The meal planning, advance search by ingredient (which allows you to figure out how to use what you have in the house), grocery shopping list generation and being able import recipes directly from websites with one click of a button are what make this app a must have! Even if the website you are trying to import from isn't directly supported by the one button import feature the app still allows you import the recipe in just a few clicks.
I am posting about this app tonight because Hindsight Labs is running a Thanksgiving sale on all 3 versions of the app.
- The Mac Version is $9.99 instead of $19.99
- The iPhone and iPad versions are each $2.99 instead $4.99