Most people have heard about the Back To School Promotion that Apple is running through its educational store, but what most people don’t know is that Best Buy will give you the same deals in-store (and in some ways the deals are even better)! Here is how it works:
- Go to the Best Buy College Student Deals page and enter your .edu email address to receive the Best Buy coupons for your back to school Mac
- Open the email from Best Buy in your .edu email account and click on the link in the email to confirm your email address
- You will then receive a 2nd email with your coupons for $100 off the purchase of a new Mac
- Print out those coupons and take them into your local Best Buy Store
- Present your coupon(s) at the register when you purchase your new Mac enjoy the instant discount!
I mentioned that the Best Buy deal is even better than the Apple discount and here is why:
- Apple gives you a $100 iTunes gift card when you purchase a new Mac, but Best Buy takes the $100 off the purchase price at the time of purchase, so you save $100 instantly
- Best Buy also offers 0% 18-month financing options, which can make it that much easier to afford a new Mac
- Best Buy is also currently giving you a $20 off of a purchase of $50 or more in accessories if you make that purchase at the same time you purchase your Mac and you sign up for the Best Buy credit card
Best Buy isn’t exact going out of their way in advertising that they are doing this. In fact, if you ask a sales associate in the store there is a good chance they won’t know what you are talking about. But trust me, it works and its a great deal…enjoy! Best Buy is also matching the Apple Back To School deals on iPads, but no coupon is needed. Best Buy gives you a $50 Best Buy gift card with the purchase of an iPad or a $25 Best Buy gift card with the purchase of an iPad mini at checkout.